1. Overview WebADM requires an accurate system clock and timezone. Your Linux server should be configured with NTP time synchronization. This guide will show how to install and configure the NTP server. Network Time Protocol traffic runs over port 123 UDP. At RCDevs Hardening Guide are firewall rules examples. The RCDevs Virtual Appliance uses chrony instead of ntp. 2. Check Installed Packages 2.1 CentOS 7 Please, verify if NTP or Chrony packages are already installed.
Documents in Administration
1. Add RCDevs Repository on CentOS/RHEL On a RedHat, CentOS or Fedora system, you can use our repository, which simplifies updates. Add the repository: yum install https://www.rcdevs.com/repos/redhat/rcdevs_release-1.0.0-0.noarch.rpm You are now able to install RCDevs packages on your system: yum install <packages> 2. Add RCDevs Repository on Debian/Ubuntu On a Debian and Ubuntu system, you can use our repository, which simplifies updates. Add the repository: wget https://www.rcdevs.com/repos/debian/rcdevs-release_1.0.0-0_all.deb apt-get install .
1. Product Documentation This document is a configuration guide for RCDevs WebADM. The reader should notice that this document is not a guide for configuring WebADM applications (Web Services and WebApps). Specific application guides are available through the RCDevs online documentation library. WebADM installation and setup is not covered by this guide and is documented in the RCDevs WebADM Installation Guide. 2. Product Overview WebADM is a powerful Web-based LDAP administration software designed for professionals to manage LDAP Organization resources such as domain users and groups.
1. Product Documentation This document is a deployment guide for RCDevs WebADM in high availability (or cluster) mode. The reader should notice that this document is not a guide for installing WebADM applications (Web Services and WebApps). 2. Product Overview WebADM is a powerful Web-based LDAP administration software designed for professionals to manage LDAP Organization resources such as Domain Users and Groups. It is the configuration interface and application container for RCDevs Web Services and WebApps such as OpenOTP.
1. Introduction In this short How-To, we will explain how to configure RCDevs License Server. The license server is now the default RCDevs model for licensing. This documentation is addressed to every new customer who is subscribing for an enterprise license. For others, the license server can be used with at least WebADM 1.6.8-2. IMPORTANT NOTE Once the license server is configured with WebADM, a license cache is available for 10 days.
Overview This documentation demonstrates ports and protocols used by RCDevs products between different components. 1. Communication Ports used by RCDevs Products 2. WebADM Cluster Ports At RCDevs Hardening Guide is an example of the iptables firewall rules for a high availability cluster with 4 nodes. 3. Incoming and Outgoing Traffic per Product Product Incoming Outgoing WebADM Master (PKI role) & Web Services SSH TCP 22,
1. Introduction In this HowTo, we will demonstrate some useful scripts available for OpenOTP and how to use them. 2. OpenOTP Utilities and Scripts Some scripts are available in: [root@webadm]# cd /opt/webadm/websrvs/openotp/bin [root@webadm bin]# ll total 44 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4588 8 oct. 11:01 authtest -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4927 8 oct. 11:01 pskc2invrcdevs -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11384 8 oct. 11:01 report -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3887 8 oct.
1. Introduction In this How-To, we will demonstrate some useful scripts available for WebADM and how to use them. 2. WebADM Utilities and Scripts Some scripts are available in: [root@webadm]# cd /opt/webadm/bin/ [root@webadm bin]# ll total 152 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1809 11 oct. 15:35 backup -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6807 11 oct. 15:35 dbprune -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11215 11 oct. 15:35 encrypt -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10837 11 oct.
How To Activate Users An activated user is a user which is counted in the license and which is able to authenticate with OpenOTP. There are several ways to activate users. 1. Activate One User Graphically In WebADM, we select the user in the LDAP tree and click on Activate Now!: Then, we complete all mandatory attributes and click on Proceed: We click on Extend Object: Now, the user is activated.
Test Double Authentication with a User 1. User Activation Once WebADM is installed and configured, we can connect to it with a web browser. We select the user to activate in the LDAP tree on the left, for example, Admin, or we create a new user by clicking on Create. Once the user is selected, we click on Activate Now!: If present, we fill mandatory attributes and Proceed: We click on Extend Object:
1. How to Use my Own Trusted Certificate in WebADM During installation, WebADM generates its own certificate authority certificate and server SSL certificates. Yet, you can use your own SSL certificates instead of the pre-generated ones. Using a trusted certificate may be required when you use the RCDevs OpenID IDP, and to avoid user browser warnings when accessing the WebApps. Just create the SSL certificate and key files in /opt/webadm/pki/custom.
How To Create a Client Policy This documentation will explain how to configure a client policy on WebADM. 1. What is Client Policy? A Client Policy provides per-client application access control and customized configurations. The Client Policy objects are also used to customize the behavior of a client application (ex. a VPN server using OpenOTP Authentication Server). You can create a client policy object having the name of a Web Service’s client ID.
The Inventory For The Hardware Tokens For each purchase of hardware tokens from RCDevs, RCDevs provide an Inventory file encrypted that contains the tokens seeds. Only your server can decrypt this file: it works with the license. The Inventory for the hardware tokens in WebADM/OpenOTP allows: to review the token stock to register a token very easily with the serial number only for the RC200, RC300 & RC400 hardware tokens pressing a Yubikey to save time when importing a large number of tokens.
1. Overview Generally, WebADM is configured to connect with a remote AD/LDAP domain for two reasons: For an admin to be able to browse (and optionally modify) remote domain contents such as user objects via a web browser (and optionally delegate that work to sub-administrators). To act as a gateway to allow the OpenOTP server to read and use remote user data for authentication purposes (i.e. fetch user mobile phone number from AD account).
1. Overview In this How-To, we will demonstrate how to reprogram your Yubikey with the Yubikey Personalization Tool, to generate an inventory file through Yubico tool to import the Yubikey in WebADM inventory and how to assign and use your Yubikey with OpenOTP. For this recipe, you will need to have WebADM and OpenOTP installed and configured. Please, refer to WebADM Installation Guide and WebADM Manual. 2. Yubico Personalization Tool Once Yubico Personalization Tool is installed, open it.
1. Setup an Account on Plivo Sign up for an account. Add the credit to the account (however, you should get some initial free credit when signing up). From the Dashboard go to API Platform and copy the AuthID and the AuthToken. 2. Configure WebADM: Login to WebADM. Go to Applications —> MFA Authentication Server. Configure the section SMS OTP. SMS Message Type ==> Normal (We advise testing using Normal first).
Overview OpenOTP v1.2 supports both OTP and the newer FIDO-U2F standard from the FIDO Alliance for user authentication. If you intend to use OpenOTP with FIDO U2F, please read this document which explains how to enable and use U2F with your application integrations and WebADM self-services. FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) is a new authentication standard created by the FIDO Alliance which simplifies and strengthens two-factor authentication for businesses and consumers.
1. Product Documentation This document describes how to configure correctly the Yubico YubiHSM and enable it through the WebADM setting, in order to provide both hardware level encryption and random seed generation (the strongest Enterprise security available) in your RCDevs product. WebADM only needs a subset of commands to work with the YubiHSM and the reader should notice that this document is not a guide describing all possible modes of operation provided by the device itself.
1. Overview Hardening is the process of securing a system by reducing its surface of vulnerability. We will show you how to reduce available ways of attack this includes enabling FIPS mode, changing the default password, encrypting configuration passwords, limiting SSL Protocols and Ciphersuites, replacing Certificates, setting a bootloader password, disable root access with SSH root, securing the MySQL/MariaDB Databases, setting Firewall rules and resetting RCDevs Virtual Appliance root password… Please consider carefully which of these settings are relevant for your use.
1. Overview In this how-to, we will demonstrate the possible ways to enroll a hardware token or a software token on your mobile. For software token registration, you must have a token application installed on your phone like OpenOTP Token or Google Authenticator. OpenOTP Token is the recommended one to enjoy all features offered by OpenOTP server (like push login, phishing protection…). 2. Admin Enrollment through the WebADM Admin GUI A token enrollment can be done by a super_admin or other_admin user through the WebADM admin GUI.