WebADM™ Publishing Proxy
RCDevs Self-Services, Password Reset and Web SSO Identity Provider products are provided via WebADM applications called WebApps. As such, they are available under specific URLs on the WebADM server. In some use-cases, you need to setup these applications for external access (for user access over Internet). While it is possible to deploy your WebADM server(s) on a public DMZ network, this is not the recommended option. RCDevs provides a reverse-proxy server called WAProxy which takes care of publishing the selected end-user portals on the Internet. WAProxy is provided as an RCDevs software package and is very easy to deploy and configure. With WAProxy you can choose which application portals should be available from your proxy server.
With RCDevs’ TiQR solution, the mobile devices must communicate with the TiQR server. WAProxy provides the required TiQR mobile communication endpoint. You also do not need to make your TiQR server’s API be accessible from public networks.
If you use OpenOTP with Universal Two-Factor (U2F), the FIDO-U2F design implies that an Application ID communication endpoint (called AppID) must be available under a public URL under your company’s DNS domain. WAProxy also provides the U2F AppID endpoint service.
WAProxy enables your WebADM end-user application portals for public access. And it is included in your OpenOTP license at no extra charge.
WAproxy supports the following RCDevs Web applications and Web service endpoints:
- User Self-Service Desk Portal
- Email & SMS -based Token Self-Registration
- Secure Password Reset
- OpenID Identity Provider
- SAML Identity Provider
- TiQR mobile communication endpoint
- U2F application ID endpoint
MAIN KEY FEATURES
WAProxy is a very simple reverse-proxy server for WebADM
- Publishes selected WebADM applications on the Internet
- Keeps your WebADM cluster severs on a private network
- Select published applications graphically from WebADM
- Uses two WebADM server in the back-end in load-balanced mode
- Automatic failover when a back-end server is down
- Provides TiQR mobile communication endpoint
- Provides U2F application ID endpoint
- Supports PKI login methods for WebApps